- 2021 Silverado 3500 HD will boast an available, best-in-class, up to 36,000 pounds of max towing capacity1
DETROIT — Building upon the strength of Chevrolet’s heavy-duty truck lineup, the Silverado HD receives significant updates and enhancements for the 2021 model, including an available max tow rating of up to 36,000 pounds1 and a multitude of trailering technology features to expand its towing leadership.
Increased Max Towing Capability
No trucks work harder than Silverado HD, from moving equipment to the job site to towing a prized possession. For 2021, Chevrolet engineers increased the max towing capacity 500 pounds for an available best-in-class max tow rating of up to 36,000 pounds on Silverado 3500 HD Work Truck, Regular Cab, dual-rear-wheel, two-wheel-drive models equipped with the 6.6L Duramax diesel and 10-speed Allison transmission and Max Tow Package. Hardware updates to the suspension and packaging changes to the wheels helped achieve the new tow rating, which is certified to SAE J2807 standards.
Enhanced Trailering Tech for More Views and Towing Confidence
The Silverado HD sets the bar for towing technology, offering up to a class-leading available 15 unique camera views2 and eight cameras for towing confidence. For 2021, Chevrolet further separates itself from the competition with enhanced trailering technology also available on the 2021 Silverado 1500, including:
- Trailer Length Indicator2: When making a lane-change maneuver with the turn signal activated, a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer is shown on the center console screen, which can help show when other vehicles are present.
- Jack-Knife Alert2: Tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle and provides an alert if a potential jack-knife situation is imminent.
- Cargo Bed View enhancement: Cargo Bed Zoom View and Bed Hitch Guidance are now available, which help to align and hook up a gooseneck/fifth-wheel trailer.
- Rear Trailer View now features guidelines and Trailer-Angle Indicator2: Enhanced to include assisting guidelines when backing a compatible trailer into place and a Trailer-Angle Indicator shows the relationship between the truck and trailer3.
- Rear Side View enhancement2: Provides a split view, automatically biased based on the trailer’s angle, of the left and right sides of the truck and compatible trailer. This view was previously only available while driving forward and is now available in Reverse for better visibility when positioning a trailer.
Chevrolet trucks have a long tradition of offering a variety of special editions to meet customers’ interests and demands, and for 2021 the Silverado HD welcomes four unique versions to the HD lineup.
- Carhartt Special Edition: The Carhartt Special Edition is offered exclusively on the LTZ and features all-weather floor liners with the Carhartt badge, along with exclusive two-tone Jet Black and Carhartt Brown perforated front and rear leather seating surfaces featuring unique stitching and Carhartt embroidered headrests. Outside, the Carhartt Special Edition comes exclusively in Mosaic Black Metallic with Carhartt pinstripe detailing, Carhartt badging on the doors and tailgate, 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires and a soft roll-up tonneau cover embossed with the Carhartt logo. Body-color grille bar and chrome inserts, along with body-color front and rear bumpers, further add to the distinctive exterior styling and the truck’s overall presence.
- Midnight Edition: Available on black LT and LTZ trims, Midnight Edition offers an intimidating blacked-out appearance from tip to tail, including the grille bar, grille inserts, skid plate, Silverado badging and standard black 18-inch aluminum wheels with aggressive mud-terrain tires, or available black 20-inch wheels.
- Z71 Sport Edition: Available on LT and LTZ trims, the Z71 Sport Edition offers an aggressive monochromatic look with color-matched bumpers, grille bar and black door handles. Exclusively available in Red Hot, Summit White or Northsky Blue exterior paint, it also features black accents, including Silverado badging, skid plate, mirror caps, hood vent and black 18-inch wheels with mud-terrain tires or black 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires.
- Z71 Chrome Sport Edition: Available on LT and LTZ trims, Z71 Chrome Sport Edition features body-color bumper and grille bar with chrome accents to door handles, skid plate, grille insert, assist step and badging. Only available in Summit White and Black, Z71 Chrome Sport Edition comes with 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with Grazen metallic accents, or 20-inch polished aluminum wheels on LTZ.
Midnight Edition, Z71 Sport Edition and Z71 Chrome Sport Edition will all be available in late 2020. The Carhartt Special Edition starts production fall 2020.
More Available and Standard Equipment
- Bed View Camera6 display located in a rearview mirror screen insert now available on Work Truck, Custom and LT.
- Bed View Camera display located in the infotainment screen now standard on High Country and available on LTZ and LT.
- SiriusXM radio4 and OnStar5 now available on Work Truck and standard on LT.
- Safety Confidence Package6 available on Work Truck and Custom. Package includes Forward Collision Alert6, Automatic Emergency Braking6, Driver Information Center and Steering Wheel Audio Controls.
- Wireless Phone Projection on Apple CarPlay7 and Android Auto8 standard for LTZ and High Country, and available on LT.
- Front center console with storage now standard on Work Truck and Custom.
- Two new exterior colors available:
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Cherry Red Tintcoat
The 2021 Silverado HD models began production in September and are arriving at Chevrolet dealerships throughout fall 2020.
1 Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. Max towing capability is available on 3500HD regular cab with dual rear wheels, available 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel engine and available gooseneck hitch.
2 Some camera views require available accessory camera and installation. Not compatible with all trailers. Customers can see their dealers for full details. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for important feature limitations and information
3Rear Trailer View requires the customer-installed available GM auxiliary accessory camera.
4 Some features, including streaming content and listening recommendations require GM connected vehicle services. GM connected vehicle services vary by vehicle model and require active service plan, working electrical system, cell reception and GPS signal. See onstar.com and siriusxm.com for details and limitations.
5 See onstar.com for details and limitations. Services vary by model. Service plan required.
6Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for more important feature limitations and information.
7Apple CarPlay: Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible iPhone and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Siri, iPhone and Apple Music are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
8Android Auto: Vehicle user interface is a product of GoogleTM and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and a compatible AndroidTM smartphone. Data plan rates apply. You can check which smartphones are compatible at g.co/androidauto/requirements. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.